Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

To start off, at my Saturday job, one of our managers baked us a pumpkin pie!! With whip cream that she made in the kitchen at work! Amazing! Pumpkin pie is sooo good. Our receptionist made the awesome turkey sitting on the pie, and the little "Happy Thanksgiving!" sign.

That night was the closing night of a show I was doing concessions for "The Trial of Judith K." and I started doing some little caricature doodles of the awesome people in the theatre department, starting with Megan Kennedy, who is my friend and was the front of house manager for the show.  Then I moved onto Tony who works our box office... and it grew from there. Kennedy has the final product, I don't remember who I drew in the end, but there are quite a few people. Kennedy drew me on the bottom right.

The next day, I meet my wonderful friends, because our best friend ALEXIS is in town for a week from Montreal!! We went to Bon's, an amazing restaurant with amazing prices - an all day breakfast special is $2.95. HAPPINESS ALL AROUND.


That night I went to check out a documentary at the Vancouver International Film Festival, called "The British Guide to Showing Off", which is about Andrew Logan, an amazing artist, performer, sculptor, designer, and everything in between.  He hosts these "Alternative Miss World" competitions and they are essentially an alternative beauty pageant that is more about expressiveness and art than it is really a competition.  It was absolutely fabulous! AND Andrew Logan himself was the special guest and came here all the way from London for the screenings! Amazing! After the film there was Q&A and he graciously answered all curiosities. 

I kind of like lip balm a lot. Though I don't remember ever fully finishing one. Anyway. I bought this from Shoppers and I really like it! It's from eos, a natural and organic brand that boasts how moisturizing, and smooth this lip balm is! What I really like about it is its fun shape and the taste! Flavour? It's "summer fruit" I think. It smells and tastes sooooo nice! 

Monday night was when I had Thanksgiving dinner with my family at my aunt's house. She made enough to feed maybe about 15+ people.. though we were only 7. It was delicious! We didn't have pumpkin pie, but instead carrot cake. Her potatoes and gravy were amazing. Then again I love all potatoes and gravy.  
  
I hope you all had a lovely weekend, whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not! 
This year, I guess I am thankful for how lucky I am to still live with my parents (thus live for free) and to be alive.  These days I realize how mad and upside-down the world is, and I'm just happy to be here and have the ability to pursue my interests and live a happy life. My mom also recently got my dad and herself an iPad, and me a MacBook Pro, and also helped me out a lot financially during my trip to Europe this past summer. I am definitely very privileged this year!




No comments:

Post a Comment