Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm a sad person

This morning on the bus I realized that I am a pretty sad person, or I at least go for really sad things. Sad in the emotional sense and now I guess also in the lame sense for thinking of myself this way.
Some of my favourite songs are sad, slow, and/or morose. A lot of the movies I like are usually dramatic, have sad endings, maybe dark, but more than often dramatic with heavy emotions and plots.  If I were to choose all the TV shows I watch (and I don't watch a lot of it), a lot of it will probably be dramatic, and the most powerful episodes will be the sad ones.  Something about watching the characters when they break down, and seeing their vulnerability makes me appreciate it a lot more.  I do also love comedy on television though, that I really do enjoy! The plays that I choose for my costume assignments are more often than not dramas or tragedies. I did paper projects for Death of a Salesman (how much more sad can you get?), The Cunning Little Vixen, The Merchant of Venice (really a "tragicomedy", but things don't end well for Shylock), Antigone, and my next one I'm choosing to do the famous opera La Boheme. All but one of those plays involve dying protagonists. And I had the freedom to choose a play for each of these projects.

Also this week for me has been daunting and I cannot wait for it to end. Today I feel like there is a full moon, as everything appears a bit shifted and unsettling for me, and today I felt really unstable and unsure of myself.  

The full moon is up and the wolves are out after the world and me.

Here is a sad song for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment